Old 19-09-2004, 08:52 AM
paghat

In article bR93d.68804$MQ5.37181@attbi_s52, wrote:

I posted the reference and part of the article for information only!

You and idiot Doug, seem to think that you can make up people's mind for
them.

The Hawke

Idiot schmidiot. I in no way suggested otherwise with my post, but only
elaborated the points you quoted & provided further citations for the
stiff FDA warnings. So you're just an oversensitive splash of old man
sputum.

your pal,
paggers

paghat wrote:

In article ta23d.213689$Fg5.102457@attbi_s53,
wrote:

http://www.fda.gov/fdac/reprints/mercury.html

Mercury Is Everywhere

Mercury occurs naturally in the environment. According to FDA
toxicologist
Mike Bolger, Ph.D., approximately 2,700 to 6,000 tons of mercury are
released annually into the atmosphere naturally by degassing from the
Earth's crust and oceans. Another 2,000 to 3,000 tons are released
annually into the atmosphere by human activities, primarily from burning
household and industrial wastes, and especially from fossil fuels such as
coal.

The Hawke

The website you point to asks if mercury in fish is cause for concern. The
answer is a resounding yes.

Besides the warnings on the page you cite, against eating more than 12
ounces of fish per week, here's another FDA-generated warning:

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"