Old 21-09-2004, 06:50 PM
Rick

"Happy'Cam'per" wrote in message

With DIY CO2 it fluctuates too much, very difficult to maintain stable
levels throughout the ENTIRE day. Ally, you need to measure your KH and PH
values to determine how much co2 is getting into the water. The ideal

level
would be somewhere between 25-30ppm CO2. This is quite difficult to

achieve
without a ph controller etc. Do a search on Google for Chuck Gadd's

website,
he has some info that might make for sense to you.
--
**So long, and thanks for all the fish!**

exactly, however keeping my CO2 in the 25 -30 PPM with pressurized injected
was as simple as increasing my bubble rate until I reached the desired level
and then leaving it there. Minor fluctuations from lights on to lights out
but it is important to maintain the correct levels all day so measure your
output morning , noon and just before lights out and adjust your CO2 to keep
it in that desired level all day. I have had BBA in my tank and from my
experience once you have it then it is there until you break down the tank
and bleach everything/. You can however control it to minimal levels by
pruning anything that shows signs of it and doing a 19-1 bleach dip on other
plants. I have done this with all kinds of plants with minimal loss.

Rick