Old 23-09-2004, 04:13 PM
Geosage

Default Free satellite imagery + free utility available for making beautiful base maps

Dear All,

If you are interested in using free Landsat ETM+ imagery (global
coverage), and free image band combination tool for making beautiful
base maps or image backdrops in GIS, here we are pleased to inform you
that we are currently distributing a free, advanced, and fully
functional image band combination tool. It is included in the free
version of HighView (an advanced image fusion and pan-sharpening
program). The free band combination module has the following features:

- Reads images in raw raster format, ENVI's *.img/*.hdr format, Idrisi
32's *.rst/*.drc format, and GeoTIFF format; outputs results in 24-bit
BMP format and/or GeoTIFF format, which can be readily and
conveniently used as backdrops in major GIS software programs, such as
MapInfo and ArcGIS. It is simple, efficient, and powerful. No image
analysis knowledge is required, and anyone can use it.

- Works for various 8-bit imagery, including vast, publicly available
Landsat TM/ETM+ imagery distributed by the GLCF (Global Land Cover
Facility, www.landcover.org), ASTER, MODIS, SPOT, etc.

- No limitation on image size.

- Various options of linear and nonlinear image stretches.

- No expiry date.

- ...

Some examples can be seen at
http://www.geosage.com/highview/gall...hens_etm+.html