Old 23-09-2004, 06:19 PM
Rusty Mase

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 10:21:53 -0500, "Michelle Fulton"
wrote:

If it is borers, shouldn't I be worried about
them infesting my trees??? Is there a way to kill them?

I would use the clear plastic cover to keep them from escaping and
moth balls as a fumigant as the borers will slowly turn your firewood
stack into a pile of sawdust.

They get into living trees and can do serious damage. You would need
an arborist to assess that situation and prescribe remedies.

I have seen Lindane used to control wood borers in the past (peach
orchards) and hopefully that is illegal now in the US. I think I have
heard of wood borers infesting houses and to get rid of them you have
to cover the whole house in plastic film and fumigate inside the cover
using what I do not know.

Rusty Mase