Old 02-10-2004, 07:24 PM
Pat Brennan

Google did not turn up any hits on wonderbulb or wunderbulb, maybe someone
else knows if they still exist. But it looks like the same or similar
product is being marketed as the Agrosun Power-Gro. The Wonderbulb was a
dual type bulb that screwed into a normal incandescent socket rated for a
150 watt light bulb. The bulb was dual in that it used an incandescent
light to 'activate' another type of light source. I just do not remember
the details. What the bulb was was a self ballasted high output grow light
that costs about $60. It did cost a little more to run that the ballasted
high output lights, but not that much more. I grew under one for a few
years and found I could grow things I could not with fluorescents. It lit
maybe a four foot by four foot area.

Pat

"wendy7" wrote in message
Pat, please tell us more about this Wonderbulb?

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Pat Brennan wrote:
Actually sales will start this year Friday evening for NCOS members
at the preview party. The sales tent now has lights and bar code
pricing. The preview party and the annual bus trip to the New York
show is worth the NCOS membership fee alone.

As for buying a plant now. Buy now, buy later, buy often. North
facing windows are hard to work with. It might be time to start
thinking about finding an east window or upgrading the lights. If
they still make them, the Wonderbulb is a cheap and easy next step in
lighting.
Pat