Old 03-10-2004, 04:00 PM
Anonymous

I do agree with you that RO is not needed for a planted aquarium. I would
however like to get away from all the mineral build up. If I use a mix of
RO water with treated tap water, I think my planted aquarium would do fine.
For my aquarium which isn't planted yet, Pure RO would probably work but, I
think I would still mix in some tap water to keep the mineral content there
for the fish (especially since it will probably go planted around Christmas
time).

For my personal drinking water and cooking use, I don't think carbon would
purge some of the metals and other things that concern me.

" wrote in message
om...
Most impurities can be removed by carbon filtration alone.
The scale and lime is another issue, I had extremely hard water for
many years, I never has a filter clog etc.
I have used RO for drinking water, not for fish/plants as it never
helped for my applications.

You certainly do not need RO for planted aquariums.

Regards,
Tom Barr