Old 04-10-2004, 09:25 AM
Tasslehoff Burrfoot

Umm, not sure if you did your homework beforehand or just got bad advice
from someone, but it only works for about 95% of BGA's(Blue-green algae) and
greenwater type algae. It will probably not work for
brown(diatomic)/film/spot/fuzz/hair/thread/staghorn/BBA inc.(red types).

"blank" wrote in message
Well, after 72 hours of total darkness in my 4' aquarium I removed the
covers and:
thankfully, the fish are all still alive,
most of the plants are fine (java moss has suffered),
a bit of the algae has gone, but most is alive and healthy.

So to those advocating 72 hours of darkness as a guaranteed algae cure I
say: Nonsense, it is a myth. Don't bother even trying it. I did, and it
doesn't work.