Old 04-10-2004, 06:20 PM

"blank" wrote in message ...
Well, after 72 hours of total darkness in my 4' aquarium I removed the
covers and:
thankfully, the fish are all still alive,
most of the plants are fine (java moss has suffered),
a bit of the algae has gone, but most is alive and healthy.

So to those advocating 72 hours of darkness as a guaranteed algae cure I
say: Nonsense, it is a myth. Don't bother even trying it. I did, and it
doesn't work.

For BGA is certainly does, I've never claimed it works with other
algae.
You did not do something right as far as my advice if you were trying
to cure BGA algae.

If you follow the advice it, does work.
If you do not, I cannot help you.

If 3 day blackout kills or otherwise harms plants, there would be no
mail order plant vendors.

Regards,
Tom Barr