Old 05-10-2004, 06:40 AM
Kira Dirlik

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 17:25:40 GMT, "Raleighgirl"
wrote:

Yep, that's our problem Kira. I am barely able to keep it at bay
because NONE of my neighbors care about or fight it. As a
result, we keep having new, large patches pop up in different
places each time. I even find it in the way back woody parts.
UGH. Thanks DOT.
Raleighgirl
"Kira Dirlik" !! wrote in message

I spent 2 hours crawling under the eleagnus today finding the
little, what I call, "frontiers" of new patches, and pulling them out.
I keep trying to get my son to come over and help. BWAAA HAAA HAAA.
Yes, it grows in sun, and also in the most shady parts that NEVER
get any direct sunlight (nor even diffused).
But don't blame DOT. It all came from the Japanese using it as a
container packing material, and then the US dumping it in the New
Jersey trash meadows. It has been spreading ever since. DOT is
nowhere near my place, and it is all through the many, many acres of
woods around here, and especially in riparian buffers.
Our children's children will just accept it as the all-pervasive
ground cover that has always been, I guess. No more interesting
discoveries of old bottles and shards, and no myriad species of native
plants.
Sigh. Goes along with everything else humanity is doing to the
planet...... ooops... another story, another newsgroup.
Smiles,
Kira