Old 05-10-2004, 01:06 PM
Sandie Hudson

"Kira Dirlik" !! wrote
Yes, it grows in sun, and also in the most shady parts that NEVER
get any direct sunlight (nor even diffused).
But don't blame DOT. It all came from the Japanese using it as a
container packing material, and then the US dumping it in the New
Jersey trash meadows. It has been spreading ever since. DOT is
nowhere near my place, and it is all through the many, many acres of
woods around here, and especially in riparian buffers.
Our children's children will just accept it as the all-pervasive
ground cover that has always been, I guess. No more interesting
discoveries of old bottles and shards, and no myriad species of native
plants.

I don't know what this is. Can you tell me where to find pictures of this
stuff? Does it flower? I have some kind of wildly spreading wildflower I am
trying to identify. I'm beginning to wonder if this is what it is.

Sandie