Old 05-10-2004, 02:32 PM
Siouxzi

Sandie said:

I don't know what this is. Can you tell me where to find pictures of this
stuff? Does it flower? I have some kind of wildly spreading wildflower I am
trying to identify. I'm beginning to wonder if this is what it is.

I HATE JAPANESE STILT GRASS

It's gone from a clump at the edge of my lawn to completely invading
my ivy literally to death (heah, some hate ivy, but it was staying PUT
and the stilt grass is not), big patches of lawn, the woods, even my
mint garden. I've got to get a big concentrated bottle of Ornamec,
because thus far I've only been able to find the squirt bottles and
they're damned expensive, and clumsy/painful to use over large areas.
And I've got large areas. I feel like it's a losing battle.

http://samab.org/Focus/Invasive/JapStilt/japstilt.html
http://www.naturalsciences.org/conse...stiltgrass.htm

Sue

Sandie