Old 06-10-2004, 01:25 AM
Matt C.

Default crypt rot infecting other plants?

I planted a potted (from a chain pet store) red crypt about 2.5 weeks ago.
over the last three days every leaf rotted off at the base of the stem.--ok
crypt rot. But while cleaning dead leaves out, i realized the entire crypt
root system, was rotted as well, and It seemed to infect the bottom third of
a nearby bacopa plant. I trimmed the bacopa, and replanted as a bunch plant.
Is crypt rot contagious? what causes/stops this type of root/lower stem rot?
all my other plants seem ok. i do have a few pygmy chain sword that have a
few leaves rotting, but not many. any thoughts?
Thanx,

--
Matt C.
http://home.comcast.net/~briarbushbrewery/