Old 06-10-2004, 04:37 AM
Brent Harsh

dookie wrote:

at the suggestion (and reassurance) of this group i purchased and applied
the grass-only herbicide to combat the stilt grass infestation along my
creek. i was worried about the many ferns and wildflowers that the bamboo
was mixed up with and applied on a test area about a month ago...

Anyone know if it's too late to kill it or has it already gone to seed? And
should I be able to tell just by looking at it? The dark half of my entire back
yard is a huge 1-2' tall infestation.

it works great! stiltgrass is dead and gone and everything else looks
healthy. it's not cheap (~$35/qt., which makes ~12gal spray), and it sounds
like a pretty heavy-duty chemical...but if you're OK with that, it does
exactly what it claims. i wasn't even particularly careful about keeping it
off anything. i just did my 2nd application over a much larger area.

be gone, evil weed!

dookie

--
Brent Harsh - KD4PBO /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign: Say
bharsh at ncroadrunner \ / NO to HTML in email and news.