Old 07-10-2004, 10:36 AM
Dick

Default Plant growing in intake tube

I couldn't believe my eyes. I was cleaning a Marineland 330 power
filter. I noticed roots coming out the filter intake tube guard.
When I pulled the guard off the tube, there was a growing plant about
8 inches long and surprisingly healthy looking. The roots growingout
the guard were the only clue I had to its existence. It didn't even
limit the water flow.

I don't know the plant name, but it is a single stem with round leaves
growing off the stem. They grow tall, maybe inches or more and I have
them growing around the intake tubes to mask the tubes.

Just sharing a curiosity, no problem to solve.

dick