Old 07-10-2004, 05:02 PM
Fish-Forums.com

Many peopel prefer to use 6500k to 6700k bulbd for freshwater palnts

Want to win a FREE new co2 system or a lighting system check out our
forum for our newest contest coming up

http://www.fish-forums.com

Http://www.aquatic-store.com

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 17:23:51 GMT, "Nitesbane"
wrote:

"Cichlidiot" wrote in message
In alt.aquaria James Smith James wrote:

Im always open to improve my knowledge. I thought that a "promotes plant
growth" tube would be right to support improved plant growth. Obviously

was wrong!

Well, see that's the problem with just relying on the labels on the box or
things like color (eg 4000k) or CRI. None of these are truely indicative
of how much red spectrum the bulb provides. And they can be quite accurate
in saying it would promote plant growth because it provides plenty of blue
spectrum which plants also require in photosynthesis.

What should one look for in a bulb then, if not color temperature? What
about using two different bulbs in combination? What is everyone's personal
favorite?