Old 09-10-2004, 01:56 AM
Raleighgirl

Default yellow blooming bushes

The spider mites devastated my two yellow butterfly bushes this
year (They also worked out on my hackberry tree and deciduous
conifers- grrrrrrrr!). The bushes are !UGLY! now. Will they
come back normal next year or does the curse of the spider mites
affect how they will grow from here on out?

If they're not going to be healthy and beautiful then I'd like
some suggestions of what to plant there. I definitely want a
woody perennial that has yellow blooms. I'd like something with
a very long blooming season. The spot has a lot of light but
direct sunlight in afternoons only. I'd like to plant something
that's either fragrant or attracts hummers. Suggestions? TIA.

Yea! On with fall. I'm ready to PLANT.
Raleighgirl