Old 09-10-2004, 06:58 AM
George Pontis

In article , lid says...

Some good single bulb T8 plant lights are Zoo Med's FloraSun and GE Aqua
Rays Freshwater (not Fresh & Salt, that's a different bulb). Actually, I'm
not sure if the GE comes in T8 at 24", but I know the FloraSun does. It
would be around $10 for the bulb probably. Philips also makes a really
nice daylight bulb, Natural Sunshine, but again I am not sure if it comes
in 24" T8 or not. Otherwise, just look around online at various mail order
pet supply companies and see what they have in T8 24" bulbs. You might
also try the lighting aisle at the local hardware stores.

For what it's worth, the hood does actually have two 24" tubes, so there is a bit
more light to play with. I find that my assorted plants are staying alive and
growing slowly. The growth rate may be CO2 limited for now. I measure only 1-2ppm
and don't have any external source to supply more.

You are the second to recommend Flora Sun. I know these are readily available in
the T8-24" size for about $10, but don't know what they look like. Maybe it's time
to just get one and see. Thanks for the recommendations.

Geo.