Old 10-10-2004, 02:05 PM
Frogleg

On 09 Oct 2004 12:35:12 GMT, (HA HA Budys Here)
wrote:

In the midst of pre-Fall cleanup, I notice how many seed heads I have. Would
spreading these on the ground, or just poking the entire seed-head into the
soil produce new plants next year, or should I take the seed heads inside for
winter and re-plant in the Spring?

The worst of your ideas is burying a seedhead. You definitely don't
want a hundred seeds trying to germinate and grow in 1 square inch of
ground. You'll have new plants no matter what you do. For optimum
conditions, you might clean up the soil around the plants, and then
scratch it up a bit to provide a hospitable surface for random seeds.
Break up a seedhead or several and scatter the seeds driectly on the
dirt. Save some to plant next spring if you like.