Old 13-10-2004, 11:32 PM
Craig Brye

Thanks for the input. I think I might get one for my 75 gal. tank. I'm
going to start looking for one on sale.

--
Craig Brye
University of Phoenix Online

"ddss" wrote in message
k.net...
In article , cny07431
@centurytel.net says...
What's everyone's ideas/opinions on UV Sterilizers? Does this lead to a

healthier tank, or is it a waste of time? I've read where it might help
with some forms of algae and maybe certain stages of fish diseases, but I
would like people's experiences on this topic.

Thanks,

I've got one in my 110g planted tank for over 3 years, mainly to keep my
6 discus healthy. Seems to work and I have by chance 2 pairs that breed
often. Since I put in the uv, I've not had any disease outbreak, not
the case before I put it in.

I've had this tank in operation since 1993 (2001 started using the UV
because I added 6 discus) and do not see any difference in use of
fertilizer and since I use PMDD even if there was the cost would not
matter much.

DDD