Old 15-10-2004, 11:52 PM
Brian S.

Just kind of a side question off of Dmitri's,

Does anyone know the 'quality' or quantity of actual Co2 produced by a yeast
system?

For example, I have been running a yeast system now for about two weeks.
When it bubbles in, it will bubble in at an average rate of about one bubble
per 7-12 seconds. However, it seems that the Co2 sits in the "bell"
container that I have fastened to the side with suction cups forever.

Now, I got this "bell" container in my Jungle Fizz Factory which also came
with 16 Co2 tablets. When I use one of the Co2 tablets, it will bubble in
and fill almost the entire "bell" container up with Co2. In a matter of
two-three hours, ALL of this Co2 is disolved into the water.

But, I let the yeast production fill up the "bell" container as the Co2
tablets did, then I un-hooked the yeast Co2 generator to conduct my "test".
I let it sit for over 24 hours and only about HALF of the so-called Co2 was
disolved into the water.

So, basically I am wondering if yeast also expels other gases other than
Co2.

Brian S.

"Dmitri Priimak" wrote in message
Hi All.

I am somewhat new to this hobby. And today I made CO2 system with yeast
and was injecting bubbles with the power head and pH dropped from 7.2 to
6.2 withing about 4 hours. Luckily I don't have fish in the tank yet.
So, why did it drop so much? From what I read I did not expect to
dissolve much of CO2 by just bubbling it though water. Is there anything
wrong with my water? Is the hardness somehow related to it.

--
Dmitri Priimak