Old 15-10-2004, 09:27 PM
Nicolas Steenhout

I think that starting a reference is a good idea, too. Listing the
Japanese names for major tree species is very practical and doable.

As you likely know, we already have a bit of "dictionary" covering some
horticultural and some japanese terms:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/bondic.php

As I am working on revamping the site, this section will be transformed a
little bit. The transformations intended will be that the information will
be easier to manage and to add to. Categories could be added, as many as we
want, and including a category for major tree species name in japanese would
be a fantastic idea. I'll set it up that way so data can be added once the
new site goes live (I'm *hoping* to have it in a month's time, but don't
hold your breath).

I just don't really see a practical (and legal) way to get people to this
extensive copyrighted information besides referring them to the source
ultimately.

In general, I think that we have enough knowledgeable people to be able to
summarise info, or produce "custom" information. In that summary can then
be added something like: If you want more information, here are some book
as resources", or something like that.

Nic

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++