Old 16-10-2004, 10:45 AM
Nicolas Steenhout

Default [IBC] Tree Name Database. Was [IBC] Name Meaning

A tree name database that would include JAPANESE NAME, (maybe CHINESE
NAME),
BOTANICAL NAME and COMMON NAME...with the capability to sort on JAPANESE

NAME,
(maybe CHINESE NAME), BOTANICAL NAME and COMMON NAME.

This of course, if it's
a true database, could be expanded to include a multitude of data about

each specific tree...

Well... Without revealing too much, there's something along those lines in
the works for the revamped site. It might not go live at the same time as
most of the site, I think I'll have to implement in phases, but it's in the
works.

In the meantime, have you seen the tree list?
http://internetbonsaiclub.org/treelist.php missing japanese and chinese
name from your main request, but otherwise, on a good path to get going

Nic
Webmaster

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++