Old 28-10-2004, 03:23 AM
Warren

simy1 wrote:
amazing what people will do, when a few handful of wood ash from the
barbecue or wood stove or fireplace will give you hundreds of grams of
Ca (wood ash is 50% Ca). and in fact, any soil rich in organic matter
can not possibly be deficient in Ca. I spread it more for the K, the
micros, and to adjust the pH.

This would be a bad idea if the ash is from charcoal briquettes. The
binding materials and petroleum residue is nothing I'd want to spread on
soil used for food crops.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Blatant Plug: Black & Decker Landscaping Tools & Parts:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blackanddecker