Old 29-10-2004, 12:28 AM
John

Default controlling CO2 levels

Hello.

I have a 2l DIY Coke bottle reactor for CO2 in my 24" tank. It is
attached to an airstone, and small to fine bubbles are coming from it.
A lot of the bubbles rise to the surface but a lot go swirling around
the tank and plants. The ones rising to the surface often stay as
bubbles just below the surface for ages.

I have just put in a JBL CO2 permanent test the other day. The colour
has gone to light green saying that there is too much CO2. (I'm
wondering if my tank water will be fizzy if I try drinking some? Of
course I'm not going to

I'm guessing I should try having the CO2 only attached every other day
now to see if it lowers to a better level?

The chart has different levels of KH. I think one is 4-8, next 8-12
and then 12-16. Above 4-8 is the plus sign indicating too much CO2
and the light green colour.

OH, I did a test yesterday for all the different levels as follows:

27/10/2004
PH 6.4
KH/TAC 0
GH/TH 6
NO2 0
NO3 37.5

I think I'm pretty much okay on everything. THe last one NO3, looked
to be between 25 and 50, I couldn't tell which colour it was more
like.

I believe the CO2 test should be pretty accurate though and there is
too much.

There isn't really anything I can do to always have the CO2 airline
connected is there? I wouldn't be able to regulate the flow as the
coke bottle would eventually explode and splatter the gunk everywhere?

Cheers

John