Old 29-10-2004, 12:37 PM
Margolis

"John" wrote in message
Hello.

I'm guessing I should try having the CO2 only attached every other day
now to see if it lowers to a better level?

The chart has different levels of KH. I think one is 4-8, next 8-12
and then 12-16. Above 4-8 is the plus sign indicating too much CO2
and the light green colour.

OH, I did a test yesterday for all the different levels as follows:

27/10/2004
PH 6.4
KH/TAC 0
GH/TH 6
NO2 0
NO3 37.5

If you KH is 0, then you can't have too much co2, in fact, it's a wonder
that your ph hasn't crashed to the 3-4 range. I would retest that. I am a
newbie to plants, but I do know that your KH needs to be at least 2-3° or
higher with most plants and also to keep the ph stable.

--

Margolis
http://web.archive.org/web/200302152...qs/AGQ2FAQ.htm