Old 29-10-2004, 04:40 PM
Nitesbane

"Margolis" wrote in message
"Nitesbane" wrote in message
4.196...

They charged my credit card several times for orders that I didn't make.

emailed them about it and received no response. I called them about it

and
they hung up on me after saying that they had no record of me buying
anything from them. I called back immediately and no one answered the
phone. I left several messages that were never returned. Finally, I

got
my bank involved. As far as I know, the bank had absolutely no luck
contacting them and ended up crediting my account for all the things

they
charged me for...total charges were $100+

I only ordered from them one time. It was when I first planted my
aquarium. I remember opening the package and seeing the brown strand of
java moss that they charged me $4 for, and the sickly anacharis (listed

on
the site as "extra nice")...the leaves were spaced as if there wasn't
enough light and were shipped with a bunch of snails that ate most of

the
leaves on it.

Inferior quality products, horrible customer service, and crooks to

boot.
Sucks that they have such a great variety and halfway decent prices.

right now I am hoping that was just a strange fluke. I recommended it
because of the recommendations of quite a few other people that have had
nothing but great experiences with them. I just placed an order 2 days
ago. I should be getting it next friday, I will post back with what
happens.

I sincerely hope it was a strange fluke. However, I find it particularly
odd that they never responded to my emails, never answered the phone when I
called (In hindsight, maybe I should have called using a different number so
they wouldn't recognize it), and never returned any of my messages. I find
it even more strange that they apparently refused to cooperate with my bank.
I hope nothing like that happens to anyone else, but I advise you to keep a
VERY close watch on your credit card or bank statement after you purchase
anything from them.
Good luck. :-)

-Bane