Old 27-10-2004, 05:14 AM
Katra

In article ,
Antipodean Bucket Farmer wrote:

Hi Everybody,

Today, I was in a store, reading a package of slug-
killing product, which warned of the dangers for pets.

The idea was that the product had something in it that
made it taste bitter, to deter them, but that some
persistent pets will still eat it.

There are a couple of neighbors' cats here, so I want
to make sure that my anti-slug measures are safe for
them.

I have heard )that copper wire is good (I read it on
the Inernet, so it "must" be true...) So I am thinking
of putting a loose spiral of that wire around the base
of my capsicums, with a backup of pet-friendly slug-
killer around the edge of the containers.

I am not sure if "Slugg-o" is available here. What
Active Ingredient do I need to protect the cats?

Thanks...

Dark Ale beer... :-)
We found that cheap dark ale worked better than cheap beer.
We found that pans of them would collect over a dozen slugs per night
until we wiped out most of the population, now it's slowed down a bit.

It is totally 100% pet safe, and won't attract or kill other insects
except accidently.

It works!

K.
--
Sprout the MungBean to reply
arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather