Old 01-11-2004, 12:18 AM
Tom Randy

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 10:46:37 +0000, starrburst wrote:

Hi,
I noticed today that when I water Mr. Planty, tiny white jumping mites
start to crawl up to the surface of the soil (presumably to escape
drowning). They are really minute and just hop all over the place. Not
only am I worried that they are harming Mr. Planty, but it's rather gross
to have those small mite-like things jumping around my apartment.

I'd appreciate it if anyone could help me out with how to get rid of these
little insects.

Thanks!

Springtails or soil mites. They do not harm plants. They feed on organic
matter in the soil. Letting the soil dry as much as possible is the best
solution.