Old 01-11-2004, 03:44 PM
Stephen M. Henning

"Hound Dog" wrote:

Seems strange that we are poisoning our lands and waters so terribly, but
yet life expectancy keeps extending every year.

But life expectancy is not quality of life.
* Health costs keep going up. We have more sick people.
* Cancer rates keep going up.
* Diabetes rates keep going up.
* Heart disease keeps affecting more people.
* New diseases are emerging every year.
* New nursing homes are being built each year.
* Medicare expenses are increasing each year.
* More people are being rescued from death by our health care system.

Imagine how long life expectancy would be if we had today's health care
system, today's wide variety of healthy foods, and clean air and clean
water.

We don't own the earth, we just use it a while and pass it on to our
children and grandchildren.