Old 01-11-2004, 04:58 PM
Warren

Hound Dog wrote:
Seems strange that we are poisoning our lands and waters so terribly,
but yet life expectancy keeps extending every year.

"Life expectancy" is the average age that a group of people under the
same conditions will live. In other words, no access to potable water
would be factored into the "life expectancy" of the people who have no
access to potable water. The life expectancy for those folks is not
going up.

Life expectancy is not going up for the wildlife exposed to polluted
water, either. In many cases, life expectancy has significantly been
reduced to the point of species extinction.

But if you don't think polluted water is harmful to someone's health, or
if you think that pollution simply doesn't exist, then you are a
delusional idiot. I'd like to invite you to move someplace where the tap
water has been polluted by run-off, and we'll sit by and see how it
affects your life expectancy.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Blatant Plug: Black & Decker Landscaping Tools & Parts:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blackanddecker