Old 02-11-2004, 08:06 AM
prem_s

K Barrett wrote:
I know, next he'll plead innocent that he didn't realize it was advertising,
he only wanted to show how neat his calendars are.
K Barrett

Actually, I'll do no such thing...I was indeed advertising the
presence of my calendar to people who've seen my orchid
photography for a number of years. There's been a
long-standing (long before Mr./Ms./Mrs. Barrett showed up)
tradition on (at least) rec.gardens.orchids that posting a
URL to something new and interesting (like an update to your
own plant listing if you're a commercial vendor) is not
out-of-bounds. Posting the contents of your plant listing,
or posting the details of your orchid-related item
(specifications, price, etc.), directly to the nesgroup, on
the other hand, would be crossing the line.

Hence, since I did not cross this line on r.g.o, I see no reason to
apologize or excuse my actions. Now, if I've violated the
charters of the other newsgroups to which I've posted (of
which I'm admittedly less aware), then I would gladly offer
my sincere apologies for any offense caused.

--
---Prem
Orchid art, photography, t-shirts, and related products: