Old 02-11-2004, 10:50 AM
Ray

I think folks were just pulling your leg, Prem.

You're absolutely right about the long-standing tradition. For the first
several years in the existence of my business, posts here stating stuff like
"I just added some new plants. Go to the URL below, if you're interested in
seeing them." was my ONLY form of advertising, and the participants of this
group have always been very supportive.

..
"prem_s" wrote in message
K Barrett wrote:
I know, next he'll plead innocent that he didn't realize it was
advertising,
he only wanted to show how neat his calendars are.
K Barrett

Actually, I'll do no such thing...I was indeed advertising the
presence of my calendar to people who've seen my orchid
photography for a number of years. There's been a
long-standing (long before Mr./Ms./Mrs. Barrett showed up)
tradition on (at least) rec.gardens.orchids that posting a
URL to something new and interesting (like an update to your
own plant listing if you're a commercial vendor) is not
out-of-bounds. Posting the contents of your plant listing,
or posting the details of your orchid-related item
(specifications, price, etc.), directly to the nesgroup, on
the other hand, would be crossing the line.

Hence, since I did not cross this line on r.g.o, I see no reason to
apologize or excuse my actions. Now, if I've violated the
charters of the other newsgroups to which I've posted (of
which I'm admittedly less aware), then I would gladly offer
my sincere apologies for any offense caused.

--
---Prem
Orchid art, photography, t-shirts, and related products: