Old 06-11-2004, 04:31 AM
Newt Newt is offline
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Powner
I have a bushy plant. Currently it's at the end of flowering. The flowers are blue, and are followed by a four-sided vertical lantern shape, which is green, and holds a ball-shaped seed pod. This lantern shape turns black as the seeds mature. I don't know if it's supposed to turn black - it looks quite attractive!
Any ideas as to what it is?

Hi Dave,
I don't know if you can post pictures here but if not, and you have a picture, try these folks.

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/namegal/

If you find out what it is, we'd love to know.
Newt
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.