Old 08-11-2004, 08:22 PM
Franz Heymann

"Martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 15:49:34 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"brianlb" wrote in message
The grass in my smallish back garden is covered in wormcasts.

Can
anyone
suggest how to get rid of them (especially when incessant rain

keeps
them
wet) and in particular how to stop new ones appearing all the

time?

Be thankful for your good luck. Entice them into your flower beds

by
putting rottable vegetable matter on the surfaces.

How's your worm farm/bulb basket?

We produce roughly 500 gms of vegetable waste daily and the worms
handle it at about 50 gms per day. IOW the whole exercise is a waste
of effort.

I also planted some bulbs in a few of those planters. They are too
shallow and the openings are too large. I had to line them all with a
few layers of newspaper to prevent the compost from falling straight
out. You were quite right. They are not worth anything. For those
urglers who might wish to try them out now that they have started
appearing in a number of garden centres, they are green plastic
containers, originally produced by or for van Tubingen, the message
is: don't waste your money.

Franz