Old 10-11-2004, 01:52 AM
Jim and Phyllis Hurley

clever idea!

Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net

"John Hines" wrote in message
rtk wrote:

John Hines wrote:

The guys replacing my pond couldn't find a new liner fast enough, so
they used roof liner. They said that in five days it would be okay to
put fish in. Without any filtration? How can the chemicals dissolve?

Unless they paid extra, for the coating, there wouldn't be any.

That is an extra step, which isn't needed for standard roofing.

I'm sure they wouldn't pay extra, but they said I would have to wait
five days, so I guess there's something on it. I just don't understand
where anything bad could go, could it actually evaporate. I googled
roof lining for ponds and thought it was very funny that someone said he
always thought it was a bad thing but had read on rec.ponds that it was
just fine and that pond liners were just more or less cosmetic. Anyhow,
I'm going to wait for them to finally come around and put my least
favorite fish in, so if anything goes wrong I can blame them and not
feel guilty.

Take a scrap piece, and put it in a container or bucket. Add water, and
a feeder goldfish, or other sacrificial "lamb".

Do this right after the install, after the water is de-clor'd and force
the issue. If the feeder is still alive after 4-5 days, then it is ok
for the pond, and you can add him (and the rest) to the pond.