Old 11-11-2004, 02:01 AM
Brian S.

Dip the part of the plant that has the algae in a little bleach water. I
think it is a 50-to-1 type of mix.

I did this with some red ludwigia I had and it took care of the problem.

I wouldn't keep it in the bleach water for more than two minutes though.

After you dip, put it in some dechlorinated water. The water may turn green
as the algae falls off.

I would say to do this three times; dip in bleach for two minutes, put back
in dechlorinated water for five minutes, etc.

Brian S.

"Matt C." wrote in message
I am having a real tough time with some GBA. I have four oto's and they
don't touch it. I can not locate a local source for real SAE's either. It

is
really starting to take over some of my small Echinodorus Tennellus (pygmy
chain swords).Its on my Ludwigia also. I am worried about whether or not
this plant can cause harm to my chain swords. It has fully engulfed

several
leaves and even some runners. will my sword still get enough light through
the algae? Is there a way to kill it? I would possibly even consider a
chemical if necessary.
thanx!
--
Matt C.