Old 11-11-2004, 09:52 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

figaro wrote:

The question: is it safe to move a 6 inch sarassa comet goldfish from a
very small outdoor pond (50gallon) to a larger 700 gallon pond when...

replied:

anything more than a 4oF drop in temps over 24 hours or so will bring on ich. it has
to be done slowly. I have had a whole pond ich outbreak when the temp dropped
suddenly in fall. nasty. Ingrid

Yes, now that we know there was a 15 degree difference, watch that fish
closely.

Ingrid, in your experience, when do you think he can feel he dodged the ich
bullet? I'm guessing it will come on within the next 3 - 5 days. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~