Old 13-11-2004, 02:55 PM
Myrmecodia

"Shell" wrote in message .com...
I just got a Schlumburgkia brysiana and I want to take it off its mount,
it's wired to a piece of bark like stuff, and I want to pot it. Will phal
mix be ok?

Your Schomburgkia really will be much happier mounted. They tend to
be moderately xerophytic plants, so they will tolerate dry indoor
conditions while mounted. Most of the potted plants I've seen look a
bit funny, because the orientation of the pseudobulbs is better suited
to a mount. If you must pot, use an open mix (coarse bark, aliflor,
large perlite, or charcoal chunks). Your Phal mix may be O.K., but I
would avoid any pro-mix or peat-based mixes.

Regards,

Nick