Old 15-11-2004, 04:35 AM
js1

On 2004-11-14, Steverd wrote:
My Rosy barbs and black molly's eat it much better than my SAE, otto's
and amano shrimps I have it the tank.
I gave up and pulls ALL plants and did a 4 minutes bleech treatment
in very dilute bleech. It solved my problems and now I don't have any
problems. I think the fish are now able to keep up with any algae,
plus I doubled the plants in my tank in hope that they out compete
algae for food.

When I gave a friend some of my water to help cycle his tank, he said
he noticed brush algae in its infancy forming on his tankt he next day.
Since his tank wasn't next to direct light, the algae stayed white and
under control. He recently got some kissing gouramis and said they ate
all the algae along with any plants they could get their mouths on.