Old 16-11-2004, 02:12 AM
George Pontis

In article 3%0md.4270$nj.3250@lakeread01, says...

"Steverd" wrote in message
I have to refill my bubble counter with water about once every 2
weeks.

Is that normal?
Where does the water go? I don't see any leaks.

Thanks
Steve

Yes its normal. I got tired of refilling mine. marinedepot.com sells a
product, bubble counter liquid for $6. Use it in place of the water and
never refill again. Enough for several bubble counters.

Could it be mineral oil ? That is commonly used in chem labs for similar
applications. I think that would work well in the external bubble counters. Not
sure if it would fly with the in-tank Eheim reactor though.