Old 16-11-2004, 07:58 PM
Scott

Default plant foods containing nitrate

Hi, does anyone no of a plant food that contains nitrate. I have looked
online, but they all seem to be free of nitrates and phosphates to help stop
them causing algae growth.

I looked at the Kent proplant food and it says that it contains
nitrogen.
will that act like nitrate, and make up for the lack of it in my aquarium?

the levels of nitrate are at about 4ppm, and the phosphate level is 2ppm,
but that should drop back down to 1ppm in a few weeks. so I'm thinking that
increasing the nitrate level will boost plant growth and hopefully lower the
phosphate level without me having to use chemicals to do it.

Thanks

Scott