Old 18-11-2004, 01:36 AM
HC

Does make you wonder?

When I bought my current house (in town) a little over 12 years ago I
approached the council about putting in a rainwater tank and was told I
could lodge the necessary BA but it would be rejected because it wasn't
necessary and their policy was to reject such applications.

I had been living on acres for many, many years and used to limiting
water usage at dry times, but I do like drinking unadulaterated
rainwater.....hey, a little frog's **** adds to the flavour, but they
wouldn't permit that......NOW, it's a different story and they are
giving a 'rebate' to fit a tank!!!

Some may say 'the times they are a changin' I'm the first to agree they
have to, but it does seem a complete turnaround to their 'policies' 12
years ago, only because it suited the powers-that-be.

HC ;-)

BCL wrote:
I have just spent about $1700 on a couple of water tanks plus the
necessary fittings just to store less than $5 worth of water (5000
litres).

Admittedly I will get $400 back from the water board but wonder on
reflection whether it was worth the money and effort just to be able
to water the garden and wash the car!

I suppose if the drought doesn't break in about a year's time I won't
be washing in bottled water but still...

Regards
Bruce