Old 21-11-2004, 11:53 PM
Ray

The plant looks pretty healthy to, and the loss of lower leaves is nothing
to worry about.

In very old plants, they're a veritable "Palm Tree" in appearance.

..
"David Sussman" wrote in message
om...
See Vanda:
http://www.consumergroup.com/vanda.html

1.) I think something bad may be happening to my Vanda plant. It has
been a bit underwatered lately but I have a feeling that the blackish
coloration in the yellower leaves may be something worse like a
fungus. So far it has only been that the bottom most leaves have been
yellowing. I have been giving it more water. If this is a fungus, do
you think the plant can still be saved?

2.) If so, what should I use to treat it? It is currently spiking and
I really hope that this is not going to kill it.

3.) How important is it for a Vanda to have leaves near the base of
the roots? This one has been loosing them around there (I broke a few
off).

I greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks,

-David