Old 26-11-2004, 09:19 AM
Frogleg

On 25 Nov 2004 16:24:16 -0800, (Faye) wrote:

I have found out the name of a plant (thanks to you guys) that I want
to put in my garden, however, it seems that it might be classified as
a weed in some parts of the world. How do I go about finding out
information about these sort of classifications. I am in Adelaide
Australia.
Yes, the plant was Silene Maritima Otheriwse known as Sea Camion, or
CATCH FLY.

The definition of 'weed' is often more philosophical than precise. In
a local sense, it's something that grows where *you* don't want it,
and usually is hardy and reproduces prolifically. However, in the US,
Federal and state agriculture departments classify certain plants as
"noxious weeds" or "invasive species" that are problems for either
crops or urban/suburban landscapes. You should check with your own
country's agricultural department(s) for their classifications.