Old 27-11-2004, 06:10 PM
Carl Rosner

IRIS:
I guess I emulate the Scandinavians, since I use a 1/4 teaspoon to a gallon of water five days a week (weekdays) in my last watering. I use clear water on the weekends to wash away most of the salts. This is my process during the winter in my Tree House!

Iris Cohen wrote:
Regarding Brent's article, I found it interesting that in California (Zone 9),
he recommends feeding every two weeks, while in Scandinavia they found that
feed with every watering was better. Years & years ago, maybe even before I
grew orchids, I was told to feed "weekly weakly," but that was primarily
windowsill growing. I've been feeding weekly ever since, and that works fine
for me. However, for summer outdoors and in the brightly lit plant room, I use
fertilizer full strength.
Iris,

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++