Old 30-11-2004, 08:06 PM
Travis

RainLover wrote:
Hi everyone!

I found a place where I can get 24" barrier for a good price, but my
big question though is this:

What THICKNESS should I be using? I'm planning on having everything
from Chinese walking stick to Vivosa to, hopefully, Moso, as well as a
bunch of black bamboo.

Most of my ground is very clay-heavy and I've seen barrier from 20 mil
to 60 mil and while it's obvious that the 60 mil would be stronger, I
can't afford overkill here (I need at least 1,000' of it)

Thanks,

james, Southworth (seattle), Zone 8

www.jameskelseystudios.com

I think 60 mil and at least 30 inches is recommended.

My rhizomes are in the top 6 inches of soil but I don't use a barrier
and I'm sure they would dive deep to escape

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington