Old 05-12-2004, 06:41 PM
Kay

I hate pest snails and love mystery snails. My pest snails consist of
red rams horn which eat Some of my plants, hygrophiela . that is my
favorite plant and I changed to sand. ZI also constructed a screen type
thing, where I can rake the sand and sift out the pest snails. And am
going to set up a puffer tank and thats where the snails are going to
go. My clown loaches do not touch the snails.

I also have pond snails aka tadpole snails. I do not want to hurt my
fish so I don't use the had a snail or snailicide.

My sister tried snailicide and it wiped out the snails, but weakened her
guppies and soem of them died, she set u a new tank for them and stopped
the snailacide.

I have a 55 gallon tank with just mystery snail sand the pest snails
vanished. But were talking alot of mystery snails waiting on going to
the LFS. I feed that tank a head of lettuce a day.also other foods

Kay

Ook wrote:
My tank got infested with these little round snails. They crawl all over the
place eating and ruining my lily plants. I tried some snail remover, but
even at 4 times the recommend dosage I still have snails crawling around
(but it's only been 24 hours since I added this stuff). I also don't like
that thought of 1000 snails contributing to the biological load of the tank.
IMNSHO, they are a pest and should be removed.