Old 05-12-2004, 08:49 PM
kev

On 05 Dec 2004, the world was enlightened by Ook's opinion about...

My tank got infested with these little round snails. They crawl all
over the place eating and ruining my lily plants. I tried some snail
remover, but even at 4 times the recommend dosage I still have snails
crawling around (but it's only been 24 hours since I added this
stuff). I also don't like that thought of 1000 snails contributing to
the biological load of the tank. IMNSHO, they are a pest and should be
removed.

I have a different take on a "1000 snails". I had a juvenile Malaysian
trumpet snail hitch a ride with a platy purchase. In no time at all I
had lots of MTS in my 55g. The snails get down into the gravel and eat
the gunk I miss when I do a gravel vac. I no longer have a nitrate
problem and my water quality is the best it's ever been.

kev

--
Civilization.

An organized system of alternatives to the stone age - CJCherryh