Old 08-12-2004, 05:57 PM
Nancy G.

I use Google as a way to get access to newsgroup. Normally, when I

want
to get access to the sub-groups under rec.garden, I simply click at

the
links to sub-groups shown in rec.garden page. Unfortunately, they

seem
to have changed the news-group user-interface significantly. Now, I
don't know where to reach the sub-groups any more. How I can get back
to the links to sub-groups?

Thanks.

Jay Chan

Had the same problem. Used the search bar for the sbject I formerly
visited, i.e. roses and orchids. Gave me a list of postings. When I
found one I recognized I visited there and the former group list came
up on the screen. I then saved the group to my favorites and can go
there directly. The browser I use lets me put the favorites in one
folder and gives me the option of opening one or all in folder.

Best wishes
Nancy G

BTW, I did like the old format better. The index on the side instead
of the top cuts down on the visibility of what I want to read and I
haven't found a "next page" option at the end of a string to continue
reading the posts.