Old 10-12-2004, 09:21 AM
Martin Brown

Amber Ormerod wrote:

Is there anything I can do to reduce condensation over the Winter? I am
presuming next year I should get a high level vent fan sorted out. I have
part of the greenhouse heated for the cacti and the auto vents are just shut
all the time - I have tried to adjuust them without any luck. I do keep the
doors and vents open for as long as I can in the day but its still so damp
in there ;-(

What sort of heating are you using? I only ever had condensation
problems with paraffin heaters. Electric fan heaters keep things dry.

Ideally what you need are a few nice sunny days where you can let the
house heat up a bit and then open the top vents to let the moist air
out. Warm air holds a lot more water so it is better to allow the
greenhouse to heat up a bit in the morning sunshine and then open the
vents to make it dry out faster.

Regards,
Martin Brown